Technology in Practice
Everything in the Sunnymead Dental Group office is computerized and efficient for your maximum benefit. Our technological advancements help your visit go as smoothly as possible and also allow for your safest, most comfortable and longest lasting treatment.
- IV (Twilight sleep) and Oral Sedation Dentistry – These modern sedation techniques are ideal alternatives for many people. You are put into a deeply relaxed state and although conscious, you snooze through your entire treatment.
Who are candidates for sedation dentistry?
- High fear/anxiety
- Difficulty getting numb
- A bad gag reflex
- Highly Sensitive Teeth
- Complex dental problems
- Biolase – State of the art laser allows for more comfortable procedures that heal more rapidly. It provides a unique service for patients by eliminating the shot and drill in many procedures.
- Intra-Oral Camera –This wonderful new technology allows you to relax in your chair while simultaneously observing a real-time movie of the inside of your mouth magnified beyond normal size on an adjacent computer monitor! Not only does this make it simple to see and understand what the doctors are telling you, but it makes it simple for us to keep incredibly accurate records from one visit to the next.
- Surgical Telescopes – When the Doctors and Dental Hygienists work on your teeth, they most likely will be wearing a pair of surgical telescopes. These magnification loops give the user a highly magnified view of their work areas and provides for improved precision and delicacy.
- Teeth Whitening – Through our in-office method using Zoom! technology (as seen on ABC's hit television show Extreme Makeover), or with our take-home trays or professional Crest Strips, we'd love to help you get that white smile you've always wanted. Come see us so we can recommend what is best for you.
- Chairside Computers – You'll have instant access to educational information about your dental health!
- Sterilization Center – We are very proud of our state-of-the-art sterilization center, but we don't just stop there. We go the extra mile and have weekly third-party sterilization audits to make sure the sterilization procedures are at peak level for your safety. We even use a special water bottle sterilization system that is proven to eliminate bacteria problems.